1 Ocak 2019 Salı

Grammar Translation Method


GRAMMAR-TRANSLATION METHOD



GTM is a method that focuses on reading, grammar, translation and words. This way, the learner can learn the learn the language to some extent, but can still tremble when it comes to speaking. The greatest example is myself. I learned English by watching movies with subtitles and playing games. I can understand and express things in English but i have problems in practice. In the end  i can communicate in English.

GTM is a method that has been used in our nation's schools. I can't talk about the success in our schools but I can say that our schools are not sufficient at lectures of other classes along with English. Lesson we're having at high schools only depended on reading from books and vocabulary. On the other hand at the language course I was taking for LYS exam the education was focused on practice mostly and grammar and vocabulary were the secondary focus. Isn't everything in our country already in this form? They teach us how to raise flowers on paper but they don't teach us with practice. Maybe this is the main reason we are left behind from the developed countries. Both methods have their own useful ways. With GTM I learned vocabulary and grammar but with the other method I got the chance to developed my practice. I learned how to raise a flower on paper and I executed it on practice.




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder